- If Trigger Happy looks familiar, it's supposed to - ever played Commando?
- I wanted to create a 3D game similar to one of my favourite 2D arcade games growing up.
- I wanted at least the first level to resemble the original arcade game with a new look.
- The basic mechanic was relatively simple to implement, then came the interesting A.I.
BEHIND THE CURTAIN
- Making the player move was standard fare. Implementing the enemy moves was more challenging.
- Early test saw all enemies coming on at once, then they all made a conga line down the screen!
- Eventually a system was implemented to make enemies move based on proximity and random elements.
- Enemies die with a random range of movements and random sounds, so no 2 games will be the same.
- Following a Cinemachine/Timeline intro, level 1 starts with a ground rush and multiple weapons.
- Completing the first mission will have you in the air as a tail gunner bringing down planes.
- Statistic screens display at each level end to show how successful you were.
- Guns, dynamite, grenades, flamethrowers, tanks, zeppelins, bombers...wait, you want more?
- Level 1 is complete, Level 2 is almost complete and Level 3 is a work-in-progress.
- The game should launch on Steam in 2019.