- Upturn is the first published game from Bit Gamey and uses only Unity primitive shapes.
- The game is free to download and has no in-app purchases.
- The first iteration was created for a game jam submission (theme of 'Spin') on the Windows platform.
- After the jam, more polish was added and the game was ported to the Android platform.
- The initial published version contained occasional ads, however ads were later removed.
BEHIND THE CURTAIN
- The inspiration came from a game show I saw many years ago called Hole In The Wall.
- Certain elements were not included like water, humans and a host, but the basic elements remain.
- After testing various color combinations (including a pastel theme!), primary colors were chosen.
- The original game had 1 soundtrack - the latest version has 12 named soundtracks.
- The initial version contained occasional ads for monetization, however ads were later removed.
- The big twist in the game was discovered by accident during development, but remained as a feature.
- Early tests on screen design featured planets but were too distracting for players.
- No ads or in-app purchases will ever be added.
- The game will always be free to download.
- A settings screen may be added to control which soundtrack is played and volume levels.
- An iOS version may be published on the Apple Store.