- Flipping Spooks is the first published PC demo from Bit Gamey.
- The demo is free to download.
- It was inspired by Plants vs Zombies and pinball games.
- After initially testing a pinball plunger, I opted for a canon firing balls instead.
- The original rectangular table was extended with a spur to accommodate the spider and multiball mode.
BEHIND THE CURTAIN
- After creating a basic pinball table in Unity, there was stress testing with many 'spooks'.
- I made sure to spend time finding what I believe is a perfect fit soundtrack.
- A revolving skybox was added to enhance the weather system.
- Title screens are always challenging. What better scenario than spooks flipping when they reach you.
- The demo contains no monetization strategy, so no loot boxes or microtransactions.
- A barrel of toxic waste you can tip over was a challenge to get working correctly.
- The multiball function was enhanced by adding baby spiders when the spider sack is split open.
- The 1-level demo is just the beginning. More levels and mechanics to come.
- The game/narrative may develop more into what happens if the spooks reach the town.
- A Steam version may be published once more levels are added.