- In 2015, Snapanactor was the first app I developed and was App Of The Day.
- Originally coded in Objective-C and Swift, it was an iOS exclusive premium app.
- After becoming a top selling title, it was decided to release a new version using Unity.
- Rewritten from the ground up in C#, the initial release will provide the original core functionality.
BEHIND THE CURTAIN
- Both the old and new versions use API calls that have limited free uses.
- The basic functionality sends an image to the API server and the closest celebrity match is returned.
- The old version only identified single faces in an image - the new version recognizes multiple faces.
- The old version was relatively slow - the new version runs up to 95% faster.
- Once the celebrity is identified, another API call is made to determine their most famous roles.
- Monetization has not yet been determined, but may include a subscription plan.
- Subscription plans may be offered since the API provider makes per-use charges.
- Relevant ads will only be displayed for limited-use non-subscription plans.
- Movie trailers and other actor-related functionality will be provided via updates.
- Initial platform will be Android, eventually rolling out to iOS.